Oct 12, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Albert Pujols was a man among boys in Game 2.
This has become a postseason known for some pretty darn dramatic baseball. Unfortunately, it's also become a postseason known for some pretty annoying rain delays. First pitch for Game 4 of the ALCS in Detroit today was delayed more than two hours, and (guess what?) there's precipitation in St. Louis as well! For now, they're expecting Game 3 of the NLCS to begin on time at 8:05 p.m., but everyone will be keeping one eye on the radar.
This is the premier pitching matchup of the series, with aces Chris Carpenter and Yovani Gallardo dueling one another in a game that should set the course for the rest of the LCS. Game 3's of tied series are always big, but this one in particular seems critical for both clubs.
Only one lineup change for this one, as Ron Roenicke has benched Nyjer (.150 postseason average) Morgan. Tony Plush was benched, however, not for regular platoon mate Carlos Gomez but instead for veteran Mark Kotsay. Interesting…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 3
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 65 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
RF Corey Hart
CF Mark Kotsay
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series