Oct 12, 2011, 1:48 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman made an appearance in the CSN studios yesterday and took some time to talk on-air with Ivan Carter. The Nationals’ “Face of the Franchise” since he was drafted in 2005 had some interesting things to say about where this organization used to be and where it resides now in the NL East.
Zimmerman admitted this was the first year in which he felt like the Nats had a chance to win every night they took the field and said he thinks the club needs to make only one or two key additions entering next season.
One of those additions needs to be a center fielder, Zimmerman said, because he doesn’t believe Jayson Werth wants to be subjected to the physical grind of that position over a full season.
Watch the video and tell us what you think…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera