Oct 13, 2011, 11:55 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Brewers probably fear Albert Pujols more than the squirrel.
Man, what a postseason it's been so far. That game in Detroit that just ended was a true classic, with Justin Verlander throwing so many pitches, the only man on the planet unimpressed was Livan Hernandez. Now, for the nightcap in St. Louis, where the Cardinals are looking to take a commanding 3-1 lead over the Brewers in the NLCS.
This isn't exactly an awe-inspiring pitching matchup: Kyle Lohse vs. Randy Wolf. Lohse was battered around by the Phillies in the NLDS; Wolf really took one on the chin from the Diamondbacks in the last round. Sounds to me like a game that's going to be decided by the respective bullpens.
Couple of lineup changes for each club. Tony La Russa has bumped David Freese up to the cleanup spot behind Albert Pujols, dropping the slumping Matt Holliday. Ron Roenicke, meanwhile, has Nyjer Morgan back in his lineup but in the leadoff spot for the first time. Mark Kotsay starts, as well, but in right field with Corey Hart benched…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 4
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Mark Kotsay
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend