Oct 13, 2011, 11:55 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Brewers probably fear Albert Pujols more than the squirrel.
Man, what a postseason it's been so far. That game in Detroit that just ended was a true classic, with Justin Verlander throwing so many pitches, the only man on the planet unimpressed was Livan Hernandez. Now, for the nightcap in St. Louis, where the Cardinals are looking to take a commanding 3-1 lead over the Brewers in the NLCS.
This isn't exactly an awe-inspiring pitching matchup: Kyle Lohse vs. Randy Wolf. Lohse was battered around by the Phillies in the NLDS; Wolf really took one on the chin from the Diamondbacks in the last round. Sounds to me like a game that's going to be decided by the respective bullpens.
Couple of lineup changes for each club. Tony La Russa has bumped David Freese up to the cleanup spot behind Albert Pujols, dropping the slumping Matt Holliday. Ron Roenicke, meanwhile, has Nyjer Morgan back in his lineup but in the leadoff spot for the first time. Mark Kotsay starts, as well, but in right field with Corey Hart benched…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 4
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Mark Kotsay
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'