Oct 13, 2011, 11:55 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Brewers probably fear Albert Pujols more than the squirrel.
Man, what a postseason it's been so far. That game in Detroit that just ended was a true classic, with Justin Verlander throwing so many pitches, the only man on the planet unimpressed was Livan Hernandez. Now, for the nightcap in St. Louis, where the Cardinals are looking to take a commanding 3-1 lead over the Brewers in the NLCS.
This isn't exactly an awe-inspiring pitching matchup: Kyle Lohse vs. Randy Wolf. Lohse was battered around by the Phillies in the NLDS; Wolf really took one on the chin from the Diamondbacks in the last round. Sounds to me like a game that's going to be decided by the respective bullpens.
Couple of lineup changes for each club. Tony La Russa has bumped David Freese up to the cleanup spot behind Albert Pujols, dropping the slumping Matt Holliday. Ron Roenicke, meanwhile, has Nyjer Morgan back in his lineup but in the leadoff spot for the first time. Mark Kotsay starts, as well, but in right field with Corey Hart benched…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 4
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Mark Kotsay
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang