Oct 14, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
The Nationals announced today they will host Boston in an exhibition game April 3 at Nationals Park, two days before their season opener against the Cubs in Chicago. Gametime or ticket information hasn't been announced yet.
This will be the second time the Red Sox have come to town for a pre-Opening Day exhibition; the two teams also met in 2010.
This latest matchup will feature some added intrigue, given Boston's recent September collapse and departures of both manager Terry Francona and general manager Theo Epstein.
The Nationals also are due to face the Red Sox in interleague play, June 8-10 at Fenway Park.
Though the Nationals' spring training scheduled hasn't been releasedRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal