Oct 14, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
The Nationals announced today they will host Boston in an exhibition game April 3 at Nationals Park, two days before their season opener against the Cubs in Chicago. Gametime or ticket information hasn't been announced yet.
This will be the second time the Red Sox have come to town for a pre-Opening Day exhibition; the two teams also met in 2010.
This latest matchup will feature some added intrigue, given Boston's recent September collapse and departures of both manager Terry Francona and general manager Theo Epstein.
The Nationals also are due to face the Red Sox in interleague play, June 8-10 at Fenway Park.
Though the Nationals' spring training scheduled hasn't been releasedRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout