Oct 14, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Prince Fielder and the Brewers hope to take a 3-2 series lead tonight.
With a little resiliency (and a surprisingly effective pitching performance by Randy Wolf) the Brewers tied up the National League Championship Series last night, ensuring both teams will go back to Milwaukee this weekend for at least a Game 6.
First up, though, is a pivotal Game 5 tonight at Busch Stadium. If the Cardinals bounce back to win, the pressure will be on the Brewers to win twice at home. If Milwaukee wins again tonight, all of a sudden it's St. Louis with its back against the wall, needing to pull off two more victories on the road against the team with baseball's best home record.
Should make for a compelling ballgame tonight. It's a rematch of Game 1, when neither Zack Greinke nor Jaime Garcia was particularly effective but the Brewers pounded out more runs to win…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 5
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Clear, 61 degrees, Wind 11 mph LF to RF
RF Corey Hart
3B Jerry Hairston
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Escobar leaves Nats game with hand injury
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers