Oct 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nationals didn't cross the plate nearly enough times this season.
This season saw the Nationals win 80 games, a mark that left everyone happy and was reason to proclaim 2011 a success for this franchise. But how did they get to those 80 wins? How did they lose 81? And how did they compare to baseball's 29 other clubs?
One way to determine this is to figure out where the Nats ranked in a number of statistical categories: At the plate, on the mound, in the field and on the bases.
Here, then, is how the Nationals stacked up to the rest of the sport in the following areas…
Runs scored: 624 (3.88/game), 24th in MLB
Home runs: 154 (.96/game), tied-15th in MLB
Stolen bases: 106 (.66/game), 16th in MLBRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1