Oct 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Derek Holland tries to pitch the Rangers to their second straight AL pennant.
The Tigers managed to stave off elimination Thursday thanks to a 133-pitch effort from Justin Verlander, two clutch homers from an injured Delmon Young and a five-out save from lefty specialist Phil Coke. Can they do it again tonight in another elimination game, this time in Texas?
One bright spot for Detroit manager Jim Leyland: His entire bullpen is fresh, so that means Joaquin Benoit and Jose Valverde are available. But he'll still need a strong performance from right-hander Max Scherzer, not to mention some more clutch hits from his banged-up lineup.
The Rangers, meanwhile, have to still feel good about their chances, needing to win only one of two in their home ballpark. They'd love to wrap this up tonight, though, with lefty Derek Holland on the mound, and get three full days off before the start of the World Series…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 6
DETROIT TIGERS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Clear, 83 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from CF
CF Austin Jackson
RF Ryan Raburn
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Victor Martinez
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example