Oct 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Derek Holland tries to pitch the Rangers to their second straight AL pennant.
The Tigers managed to stave off elimination Thursday thanks to a 133-pitch effort from Justin Verlander, two clutch homers from an injured Delmon Young and a five-out save from lefty specialist Phil Coke. Can they do it again tonight in another elimination game, this time in Texas?
One bright spot for Detroit manager Jim Leyland: His entire bullpen is fresh, so that means Joaquin Benoit and Jose Valverde are available. But he'll still need a strong performance from right-hander Max Scherzer, not to mention some more clutch hits from his banged-up lineup.
The Rangers, meanwhile, have to still feel good about their chances, needing to win only one of two in their home ballpark. They'd love to wrap this up tonight, though, with lefty Derek Holland on the mound, and get three full days off before the start of the World Series…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 6
DETROIT TIGERS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Clear, 83 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from CF
CF Austin Jackson
RF Ryan Raburn
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Victor Martinez
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener