Oct 16, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Cardinals have a chance to clinch the NL pennant tonight.
One half of the Fall Classic has been set: The Texas Rangers are back for the second straight season after pounding the Detroit Tigers into submission last night. Tonight, the St. Louis Cardinals try to do the same to the Milwaukee Brewers, though they'll face a tougher challenge than their AL counterparts.
The Brewers, as we've been saying for weeks, had baseball's best home record this season. And their success has continued through the postseason; they're currently 4-1 at Miller Park this month. Of course, they now have to win two in a row. And tonight, they'll need to win with Shaun Marcum (who has looked horrible during the postseason) on the mound.
I would imagine Ron Roenicke will have a quick hook with his starter, understanding his team has no more margin for error. We already know Tony La Russa won't be afraid to pull his starter, Edwin Jackson, early. The Cardinals have yet to see their bullpen record fewer than 12 outs in any game of this series…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 6
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Roof closed
SS Rafael Furcal
CF Jon Jay
1B Albert Pujols
RF Lance Berkman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles
- Trout talk: How good is he? (VIDEO)