Oct 16, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
The Cardinals have a chance to clinch the NL pennant tonight.
One half of the Fall Classic has been set: The Texas Rangers are back for the second straight season after pounding the Detroit Tigers into submission last night. Tonight, the St. Louis Cardinals try to do the same to the Milwaukee Brewers, though they'll face a tougher challenge than their AL counterparts.
The Brewers, as we've been saying for weeks, had baseball's best home record this season. And their success has continued through the postseason; they're currently 4-1 at Miller Park this month. Of course, they now have to win two in a row. And tonight, they'll need to win with Shaun Marcum (who has looked horrible during the postseason) on the mound.
I would imagine Ron Roenicke will have a quick hook with his starter, understanding his team has no more margin for error. We already know Tony La Russa won't be afraid to pull his starter, Edwin Jackson, early. The Cardinals have yet to see their bullpen record fewer than 12 outs in any game of this series…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 6
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Roof closed
SS Rafael Furcal
CF Jon Jay
1B Albert Pujols
RF Lance Berkman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen