Oct 17, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
US Presswire file photo
Bryce Harper is 3-for-27 in seven games with the Scottsdale Scorpions.
As the postseason reaches its final leg — the 107th World Series begins Wednesday in St. Louis with an unlikely Rangers-Cardinals matchup — baseball's various offseason leagues are just starting to heat up.
In Arizona and across the Caribbean, more than a dozen members of the Nationals organization are getting in some extra work. Some of them are downright dominating the competition (hello, Jesus Flores!) and some of them are … well, they're still trying to rediscover their swing (coughBryceHarpercough).
Several of you have been asking for some news on these guys, so here is the first of what will become regular updates on the Nats playing fall/winter ball. (Note: You can track everyone's progress on a daily basis via this site.) …
Bryce Harper remains the biggest name out there; baseball's top-rated prospect just celebrated his 19th birthday yesterday with a day off from the Arizona Fall League (which doesn't schedule games on Sundays). Harper's second foray into the AFL has gotten off to aRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions