Oct 22, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ian Kinsler's stolen base helped set up the Rangers' winning rally in Game 2.
After a day off for travel and ripping Albert Pujols for bailing on the media following Game 2, the World Series reconvenes tonight in the Great Republic of Texas, where the stars tonight will be big and bright. After a couple of very well-played, compelling, tense ballgames, this is shaping up to be quite a Fall Classic.
The Rangers have stolen home-field advantage via their ninth-inning rally Thursday night in St. Louis. Back in their ballpark for the next three games, they'll have another potent bat in the lineup with the DH back in play. Michael Young will take over that position for tonight, with Mike Napoli sliding over to first base and Yorvit Torrealba catching.
The Cardinals, meanwhile, are having Lance Berkman serve as DH, which opens up a lineup spot for Allen Craig, who has already proven himself quite adept at pinch-hitting in the first two games of this series.
Right-hander Kyle Lohse (0-2, 7.45 ERA this postseason) gets the start for St. Louis. He'll go up against lefty Matt Harrison (1-0, 4.42 ERA this postseason)…
107th WORLD SERIES – GAME 3
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 89
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from RF
SS Rafael Furcal
RF Allen Craig
1B Albert Pujols
LF Matt Holliday
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'