Oct 22, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ian Kinsler's stolen base helped set up the Rangers' winning rally in Game 2.
After a day off for travel and ripping Albert Pujols for bailing on the media following Game 2, the World Series reconvenes tonight in the Great Republic of Texas, where the stars tonight will be big and bright. After a couple of very well-played, compelling, tense ballgames, this is shaping up to be quite a Fall Classic.
The Rangers have stolen home-field advantage via their ninth-inning rally Thursday night in St. Louis. Back in their ballpark for the next three games, they'll have another potent bat in the lineup with the DH back in play. Michael Young will take over that position for tonight, with Mike Napoli sliding over to first base and Yorvit Torrealba catching.
The Cardinals, meanwhile, are having Lance Berkman serve as DH, which opens up a lineup spot for Allen Craig, who has already proven himself quite adept at pinch-hitting in the first two games of this series.
Right-hander Kyle Lohse (0-2, 7.45 ERA this postseason) gets the start for St. Louis. He'll go up against lefty Matt Harrison (1-0, 4.42 ERA this postseason)…
107th WORLD SERIES – GAME 3
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 89
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 11 mph in from RF
SS Rafael Furcal
RF Allen Craig
1B Albert Pujols
LF Matt Holliday
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos