Oct 26, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
MLB Network will televise all five games of the upcoming Taiwan All-Star Series that will see a team of major leaguers (including several members of the Nationals) travel to Asia to face an squad of players from Taiwan.
Michael Morse, Ross Detwiler and Collin Balester are all slated to make the trip to Taiwan and play for the MLB club. Chien-Ming Wang, who hopes to re-sign with the Nationals in the coming weeks, is scheduled to pitch for his native country against the big leaguers.
In addition to Morse, Detwiler and Balester, the MLB roster includes the Yankees' Robinson Cano and Curtis Granderson, the Tigers' Miguel Cabrera, the Giants' Pablo Sandoval and the Diamondbacks' Ryan Roberts. San Francisco's Bruce Bochy will manage the team.
Here's the full schedule for the series. All games will be shown on tape delay…
Nov. 1 — MLB vs. Taiwan at New Taipai City, 9 p.m.
Nov. 3 — MLB vs. Taiwan at Taichung, 9 p.m.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort