Oct 26, 2011, 3:24 PM EST
MLB Network will televise all five games of the upcoming Taiwan All-Star Series that will see a team of major leaguers (including several members of the Nationals) travel to Asia to face an squad of players from Taiwan.
Michael Morse, Ross Detwiler and Collin Balester are all slated to make the trip to Taiwan and play for the MLB club. Chien-Ming Wang, who hopes to re-sign with the Nationals in the coming weeks, is scheduled to pitch for his native country against the big leaguers.
In addition to Morse, Detwiler and Balester, the MLB roster includes the Yankees' Robinson Cano and Curtis Granderson, the Tigers' Miguel Cabrera, the Giants' Pablo Sandoval and the Diamondbacks' Ryan Roberts. San Francisco's Bruce Bochy will manage the team.
Here's the full schedule for the series. All games will be shown on tape delay…
Nov. 1 — MLB vs. Taiwan at New Taipai City, 9 p.m.
Nov. 3 — MLB vs. Taiwan at Taichung, 9 p.m.Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats