Oct 27, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ron Washington and Tony La Russa go head-to-head again tonight.
We've had nearly 72 hours to analyze the great bullpen phone fiasco of 2011 and whether it has destroyed Tony La Russa's reputation forever. (My personal opinion: No, it hasn't.) Now, though, it's finally time for baseball again. And if Game 6 resembles the previous five in this fantastic World Series, I have a hunch there will be a new storyline by night's end.
The question is: Which storyline will emerge? Will the Cardinals stave off elimination, live to see another day and force the first World Series Game 7 since 2002? Honestly, they have to like their situation, back home at Busch Stadium with Jaime Garcia on the mound and the DH out of the lineup.
On the other hand, the Rangers have an opportunity to seize this moment and capture the first championship in the history of a franchise that began play in 1961 as the expansion Washington Senators.
What will be the storyline at night's end? We're about to find out…
107th WORLD SERIES – GAME 6
TEXAS RANGERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 51 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from CF
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
LF Josh Hamilton
1B Michael Young
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer