Oct 27, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ron Washington and Tony La Russa go head-to-head again tonight.
We've had nearly 72 hours to analyze the great bullpen phone fiasco of 2011 and whether it has destroyed Tony La Russa's reputation forever. (My personal opinion: No, it hasn't.) Now, though, it's finally time for baseball again. And if Game 6 resembles the previous five in this fantastic World Series, I have a hunch there will be a new storyline by night's end.
The question is: Which storyline will emerge? Will the Cardinals stave off elimination, live to see another day and force the first World Series Game 7 since 2002? Honestly, they have to like their situation, back home at Busch Stadium with Jaime Garcia on the mound and the DH out of the lineup.
On the other hand, the Rangers have an opportunity to seize this moment and capture the first championship in the history of a franchise that began play in 1961 as the expansion Washington Senators.
What will be the storyline at night's end? We're about to find out…
107th WORLD SERIES – GAME 6
TEXAS RANGERS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 51 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from CF
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
LF Josh Hamilton
1B Michael Young
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence