Oct 28, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
And you thought David Freese hit the only walk-off home run in America on Thursday.
Au contraire. Perhaps you've heard of this young lad named Bryce Harper. He's a top prospect in the Nationals' farm system. And yesterday afternoon, he clubbed a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth to lead the Scottsdale Scorpions to an 8-7 victory over the Mesa Solar Sox in Arizona Fall League action.
That was Harper's second home run in as many days, his second four-RBI game in a row and a continuation of his recent red-hot streak at the plate. After opening the AFL season 3-for-27, he's now got 10 hits in his last 23 at-bats (three of them homers, two of them doubles).
If you click on the above video, you'll see yesterday's walk-off from Harper. The video quality isn't exactly professional-grade, but there's a good reason for that. It was shot by my father. No, really.Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB