Oct 28, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
And you thought David Freese hit the only walk-off home run in America on Thursday.
Au contraire. Perhaps you've heard of this young lad named Bryce Harper. He's a top prospect in the Nationals' farm system. And yesterday afternoon, he clubbed a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth to lead the Scottsdale Scorpions to an 8-7 victory over the Mesa Solar Sox in Arizona Fall League action.
That was Harper's second home run in as many days, his second four-RBI game in a row and a continuation of his recent red-hot streak at the plate. After opening the AFL season 3-for-27, he's now got 10 hits in his last 23 at-bats (three of them homers, two of them doubles).
If you click on the above video, you'll see yesterday's walk-off from Harper. The video quality isn't exactly professional-grade, but there's a good reason for that. It was shot by my father. No, really.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats move on to Miami with Gio starting in hometown
- PHOTO: Kevin Durant rocks a Nats jersey
- UPDATE: Nats DFA Perez, claim Twins shortstop
- If healthy, Zimmerman should be in Nats lineup
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers