Nov 2, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
The veteran right-hander is one of eight recently declared free agents on the Nationals roster who will be free to negotiate with other clubs when the clock strikes midnight. Wang is joined by fellow right-handers Livan Hernandez and Todd Coffey, catcher Ivan Rodriguez, infielder Alex Cora and outfielders Laynce Nix, Rick Ankiel and Jonny Gomes.
That said, Wang still is expected to re-sign with the Nationals at some point in the near future, according to a club source.
The Nats have been hoping to retain Wang, who after spending two years recovering from major shoulder surgery went 4-3 with a 4.04 ERA in 11 starts in August and September. The Taiwanese nativeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC
- Could Nats hire Francona or Scioscia as manager?
- Denard Span supports fired Nationals coach on Twitter
- Updated: Nats clean house with coaching staff, hope some return
- Matt Williams fired after 2 seasons as Nats manager
- Trying to make sense of the Nationals' season
- Desmond turns emotional after likely Nats finale