Nov 2, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
The veteran right-hander is one of eight recently declared free agents on the Nationals roster who will be free to negotiate with other clubs when the clock strikes midnight. Wang is joined by fellow right-handers Livan Hernandez and Todd Coffey, catcher Ivan Rodriguez, infielder Alex Cora and outfielders Laynce Nix, Rick Ankiel and Jonny Gomes.
That said, Wang still is expected to re-sign with the Nationals at some point in the near future, according to a club source.
The Nats have been hoping to retain Wang, who after spending two years recovering from major shoulder surgery went 4-3 with a 4.04 ERA in 11 starts in August and September. The Taiwanese nativeRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend