Nov 3, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Chien-Ming Wang went 4-3 with a 4.04 ERA in 11 starts.
The Nationals have agreed to a one-year contract with right-hander Chien-Ming Wang, according to a club source, finalizing a deal that had been in the works for weeks.
The deal, which is still pending a physical, includes a guaranteed $4 million salary and is believed to also include incentives based on the number of starts Wang makes.
Wang’s return to D.C. seemed a foregone conclusion since the end of the season, when both he and the club expressed a desire to work out a new deal. He technically became a free agent this week and was free to negotiate with other teams at 12:01 a.m. today, but the Nationals already had the framework of the deal in place and needed only to finalize details.
Wang, 31, is currently in Taiwan pitching for his native country’s national team against a team of major-league players that includes
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season