Nov 9, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Anthony Rendon ranks behind only Bryce Harper among Nats prospects.
To the surprise of no one, Bryce Harper is the top prospect in the Nationals' organization, according to Baseball America's annual organizational ranking released today.
Harper was the overwhelming choice to hold down the No. 1 ranking for the second straight year, but rest of the Top 10 includes a host of new names, including four players selected in this summer's draft: Anthony Rendon, Brian Goodwin, Alex Meyer and Matt Purke.
Rendon earned the No. 2 spot behind Harper based entirely on his potential; the former Rice University third baseman has not yet played in a professional ballgame, having only worked out at the Nationals' complex in Viera, Fla., this fall after signing at the Aug. 15 deadline.
A pair of hard-throwing right-handers rank third and fourth: Brad Peacock and A.J. Cole. Peacock, a 41st-round pick in the 2006 draft, burst onto the scene this season by going a combined 15-3 with a 2.39 ERA and 177 strikeouts between Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse. He then impressed during a September debut in theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins