Nov 9, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Anthony Rendon ranks behind only Bryce Harper among Nats prospects.
To the surprise of no one, Bryce Harper is the top prospect in the Nationals' organization, according to Baseball America's annual organizational ranking released today.
Harper was the overwhelming choice to hold down the No. 1 ranking for the second straight year, but rest of the Top 10 includes a host of new names, including four players selected in this summer's draft: Anthony Rendon, Brian Goodwin, Alex Meyer and Matt Purke.
Rendon earned the No. 2 spot behind Harper based entirely on his potential; the former Rice University third baseman has not yet played in a professional ballgame, having only worked out at the Nationals' complex in Viera, Fla., this fall after signing at the Aug. 15 deadline.
A pair of hard-throwing right-handers rank third and fourth: Brad Peacock and A.J. Cole. Peacock, a 41st-round pick in the 2006 draft, burst onto the scene this season by going a combined 15-3 with a 2.39 ERA and 177 strikeouts between Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse. He then impressed during a September debut in theRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement