Nov 10, 2011, 1:14 AM EST
Updated at 12:04 a.m.
According to the Venezuelan newspaper El Nacional, four gunmen approached Ramos at his home in the Santa Ines section of the city of Valencia and took him away. Family members have informed police but have not yet heard from the kidnappers.
The Tigres de Aragua, the Venezuelan team Ramos played for last winter, posted the news on its Twitter account this evening. Translated from Spanish, the tweet reads: “Unfortunately the news of the kidnapping of Wilson Ramos was confirmed, allegedly the same happened at his home in Valencia.”
The Nationals have not yet confirmed the report, but a club official said the team is gathering information and will make a statement once it knows more.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?