Nov 13, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Wilson Ramos answers questions alongside justice minister Tareck El Aissami.
Wilson Ramos slept comfortably in his own bed last night, just as millions of Venezuelans and Nationals fans were able to sleep comfortably knowing the 24-year-old catcher was safe, healthy and with family members following a harrowing ordeal.
But Ramos' journey back from a 51-hour abduction that gripped his homeland and left everyone associated with the Nationals on edge is not yet complete. He still faces many challenges as he attempts to regain a sense of normalcy to a life that was forever changed Wednesday night when he was whisked away in an SUV by four kidnappers.
And there's no telling how long it will take Ramos to regain that feeling, if he ever does. Though he wasn't physically injured by his captors, Ramos did say that "psychologically, I underwent very great harm."
That damage won't disappear simply because he's returned home. The scars will remain the rest of his life, and it's impossible to know howRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup