Nov 14, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Jesus Flores is now hitting a robust .414 in the Venezuelan winter league.
Wilson Ramos let it be known yesterday he's ready to move on. Though it's been less than three days since the Nationals catcher was rescued following his abduction in Venezuela, Ramos says he wants to turn his attention back to baseball.
The 24-year-old intends to start playing for the Aragua Tigres on Wednesday, honoring his commitment to suit up for his winter ball club. His return to the diamond surely will make for an emotional scene, but he's hoping it quickly transforms into just another night at the ballpark and he can pick up where things left off before. We can only wait and see if that's going to be possible.
In the meantime, there are a few baseball-related notes to pass along this Monday morning…
Ramos' catching teammate and fellow countryman Jesus Flores continues to rake at the plate. After missing one game with what he termed "discomfort" in his right leg, Flores hasn't missed a beat. He'sRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team