Nov 15, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Wilson Ramos began working out with the Aragua Tigres today.
Wilson Ramos was back on a baseball diamond today, in uniform and working out with his Venezuelan winter league team in advance of his return to game action next week.
Ramos worked out with the Aragua Tigres, his first appearance on the field this offseason and first since he was abducted in his native country last week. The 24-year-old catcher, who was rescued by authorities during a late-night raid Friday, has said he wanted to begin playing as soon as possible and has informed Venezuelan media members he doesn't want to talk about his kidnapping anymore.
Ramos initially said he would begin playing for Aragua tomorrow, but his game debut has now been pushed back to next week.
The Nationals will allow Ramos to stay in Venezuela, though the catcher will be receiving increased security. He has been planning allRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig