Nov 15, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Wilson Ramos began working out with the Aragua Tigres today.
Wilson Ramos was back on a baseball diamond today, in uniform and working out with his Venezuelan winter league team in advance of his return to game action next week.
Ramos worked out with the Aragua Tigres, his first appearance on the field this offseason and first since he was abducted in his native country last week. The 24-year-old catcher, who was rescued by authorities during a late-night raid Friday, has said he wanted to begin playing as soon as possible and has informed Venezuelan media members he doesn't want to talk about his kidnapping anymore.
Ramos initially said he would begin playing for Aragua tomorrow, but his game debut has now been pushed back to next week.
The Nationals will allow Ramos to stay in Venezuela, though the catcher will be receiving increased security. He has been planning allRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins