Nov 16, 2011, 3:22 PM EST
US Presswire photo
The Yankees are putting the full-court press on free agent C.J. Wilson.
The general managers meetings are taking place this week in Milwaukee, and while few (if any) actual deals are struck during this annual event, it does offer a first glimpse into where the Hot Stove League may be headed over the course of the winter.
And yesterday, we got a strong glimpse into where the top free agent pitcher on the market, C.J. Wilson, may be headed: the Bronx.
The insinuation here: After missing out on prized left-hander Cliff Lee last winter, the Yankees are trying to jump the gun and put a full-court press on Wilson right now, before any other clubs can swoop in andRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot