Nov 16, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Cole Kimball looked promising until a shoulder injury ended his season.
The Nationals dropped two players off their 40-man roster today when right-hander Cole Kimball was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays and outfielder Corey Brown was outrighted to Class AAA Syracuse.
Kimball had shoulder surgery in July to repair a torn rotator cuff and spent the second half of the season on the 60-day disabled list. But there's no DL during the offseason, and all players must be added to their club's 40-man roster by Friday. The Nationals were attempting to outright Kimball (who won't be ready to pitch until mid-2012 at the earliest) to Class AAA but couldn't slip him through waivers without another team claiming him.
Though Kimball won't be 100 percent healthy for a while, the Blue Jays decided to take a chance and acquire him now, hoping he rediscoversRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can dramatic win be a momentum changer?
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting