Nov 16, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Cole Kimball looked promising until a shoulder injury ended his season.
The Nationals dropped two players off their 40-man roster today when right-hander Cole Kimball was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays and outfielder Corey Brown was outrighted to Class AAA Syracuse.
Kimball had shoulder surgery in July to repair a torn rotator cuff and spent the second half of the season on the 60-day disabled list. But there's no DL during the offseason, and all players must be added to their club's 40-man roster by Friday. The Nationals were attempting to outright Kimball (who won't be ready to pitch until mid-2012 at the earliest) to Class AAA but couldn't slip him through waivers without another team claiming him.
Though Kimball won't be 100 percent healthy for a while, the Blue Jays decided to take a chance and acquire him now, hoping he rediscoversRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals