Nov 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Bryce Harper impressed at the plate but remains a work-in-progress in the field.
The Arizona Fall League's regular season wraps up today, and since the Scottsdale Scorpions will finish last in the three-team East Division, no members of the Nationals organization will be participating in Saturday's championship game.
Which means this afternoon's finale against the Mesa Solar Sox will be Bryce Harper's last opportunity to make an impression on the diamond until he arrives in Viera in February for big-league spring training.
Not that Harper feels any pressure to do something special in his fall finale. The 19-year-old has already more than made a name for himself over the last month and will close out his AFL season with some impressive stats.
Entering today's game, Harper is batting .322 with six homers, 26 RBI, a .392 on-base percentage and a 1.003 OPS that ranks 10th in thisRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup