Nov 18, 2011, 1:51 PM EST
Updated at 2:46 p.m.
Looking healthy and deemed healthy by team doctors, Wilson Ramos made a brief appearance at Nationals Park this afternoon, thanked fans for their support during his harrowing week and then made it clear he's ready to put this all behind him.
"I just want to say thanks Nats fans for your prayers and your support," Ramos told reporters during a photo-op with general manager Mike Rizzo inside the Nationals' clubhouse. "I'm happy to be here, happy to be with my family. See you in spring training."
Flown in from Venezuela for one day so he could be examined by team doctors, Ramos assured everyone he is back to normal following his 51 hours in captivity last week. The 24-year-old catcher was greeted with hugs and tears from team executives and teammates Ryan Zimmerman and Steve Lombardozzi (who happened to be at the ballpark working out).
Rizzo said Ramos' physical exam showed no problems, and the Nationals won't hesitate to let him go back home to play winter ball asRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club