Nov 18, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Updated at 2:46 p.m.
Looking healthy and deemed healthy by team doctors, Wilson Ramos made a brief appearance at Nationals Park this afternoon, thanked fans for their support during his harrowing week and then made it clear he's ready to put this all behind him.
"I just want to say thanks Nats fans for your prayers and your support," Ramos told reporters during a photo-op with general manager Mike Rizzo inside the Nationals' clubhouse. "I'm happy to be here, happy to be with my family. See you in spring training."
Flown in from Venezuela for one day so he could be examined by team doctors, Ramos assured everyone he is back to normal following his 51 hours in captivity last week. The 24-year-old catcher was greeted with hugs and tears from team executives and teammates Ryan Zimmerman and Steve Lombardozzi (who happened to be at the ballpark working out).
Rizzo said Ramos' physical exam showed no problems, and the Nationals won't hesitate to let him go back home to play winter ball asRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle