Nov 22, 2011, 7:36 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ryan Braun's fantastic season for the Brewers earned my MVP vote.
There are few rights and privileges given to members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America more important than the opportunity to vote for the sport's top awards: MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and Manager of the Year.
And I think we all would agree the crown jewel of all the awards is the MVP.
So it was my honor to be one of two members of the Baltimore-Washington chapter of the BBWAA to be given a ballot for this year's NL MVP. It wasn't the first time I've voted for this award, but it was one of the tougher races I've had to help decide.
The competition between the top two contenders for the award — the Brewers' Ryan Braun and the Dodgers' Matt Kemp — was fierce. ThereRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park