Nov 22, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Wilson Ramos made his winter ball debut tonight in Venezuela.
Updated at 10:57 p.m.
Eleven days after he was rescued from his abductors in Venezuela, Wilson Ramos was back on the diamond in his homeland Tuesday night, playing the game he loves.
Ramos' performance for the Aragua Tigres — he went 0-for-5 with two strikeouts — was less than inspiring, but the mere fact he was in the lineup so soon after his harrowing kidnapping more than made up for his lack of production at the plate.
Playing in front of a packed house at Aragua's home ballpark, Ramos hit cleanup and served as designated hitter. He flied out to left to end the first inning, grounded out to end the third, grounded out again to open the sixth, was called out on strikes in the seventh and struck outRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes