Nov 30, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
Espinosa was named second baseman on this year's Topps Major League Rookie All-Star Team, the trading card company announced today. He was the lone member of the Nationals to make the list, which honors one rookie at each of the eight positions in the field, plus one starting pitcher and one reliever.
Though his season-ending numbers — a .236 average, 21 homers, 66 RBI, .323 on-base percentage in 158 games — were good enough only for a sixth-place finish in the Rookie of the Year vote, Espinosa did outrank all other rookie second basemen in the majors according to Topps. His closest competitor likely was Seattle's Dustin Ackley, whoRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard