Nov 30, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
Espinosa was named second baseman on this year's Topps Major League Rookie All-Star Team, the trading card company announced today. He was the lone member of the Nationals to make the list, which honors one rookie at each of the eight positions in the field, plus one starting pitcher and one reliever.
Though his season-ending numbers — a .236 average, 21 homers, 66 RBI, .323 on-base percentage in 158 games — were good enough only for a sixth-place finish in the Rookie of the Year vote, Espinosa did outrank all other rookie second basemen in the majors according to Topps. His closest competitor likely was Seattle's Dustin Ackley, whoRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago