Dec 1, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Updated at 7:46 p.m.
Continuing a theme that has seen several of their minor-league staffers promoted year-to-year, the Nationals have named Tony Beasley their new manager at Class AAA Syracuse and Matthew LeCroy skipper at Class AA Harrisburg.
Beasley spent this season managing at Harrisburg, where he led the Senators to an 80-62 record and first-place finish in the Eastern League's Western division. The 45-year-old Virginia native coached third base for the Nationals at the big-league level in 2006, then spent the next four seasons in the Pirates organization before returning this year.
In Harrisburg, Beasley was charged with managing top prospect Bryce Harper during the season's second half, and there's a good chance the two will be paired up again at Syracuse for at least part of the 2012 season.
Beasley takes the position previously held by Randy Knorr, who afterRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK