Dec 1, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Updated at 7:46 p.m.
Continuing a theme that has seen several of their minor-league staffers promoted year-to-year, the Nationals have named Tony Beasley their new manager at Class AAA Syracuse and Matthew LeCroy skipper at Class AA Harrisburg.
Beasley spent this season managing at Harrisburg, where he led the Senators to an 80-62 record and first-place finish in the Eastern League's Western division. The 45-year-old Virginia native coached third base for the Nationals at the big-league level in 2006, then spent the next four seasons in the Pirates organization before returning this year.
In Harrisburg, Beasley was charged with managing top prospect Bryce Harper during the season's second half, and there's a good chance the two will be paired up again at Syracuse for at least part of the 2012 season.
Beasley takes the position previously held by Randy Knorr, who afterRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A