Dec 1, 2011, 9:44 PM EST
Updated at 7:46 p.m.
Continuing a theme that has seen several of their minor-league staffers promoted year-to-year, the Nationals have named Tony Beasley their new manager at Class AAA Syracuse and Matthew LeCroy skipper at Class AA Harrisburg.
Beasley spent this season managing at Harrisburg, where he led the Senators to an 80-62 record and first-place finish in the Eastern League's Western division. The 45-year-old Virginia native coached third base for the Nationals at the big-league level in 2006, then spent the next four seasons in the Pirates organization before returning this year.
In Harrisburg, Beasley was charged with managing top prospect Bryce Harper during the season's second half, and there's a good chance the two will be paired up again at Syracuse for at least part of the 2012 season.
Beasley takes the position previously held by Randy Knorr, who afterRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect