Dec 1, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
But Mock's results never matched his arsenal and left him toiling away in the minors this season. And now, he's no longer a member of the organization.
Mock has signed a minor-league contract with the Blue Jays, offering a new opportunity to resurrect his career.
The 28-year-old was first acquired by the Nationals, along with lefty Matt Chico, in the 2006 trade that sent Livan Hernandez to the Diamondbacks. The Nats touted him as a potential front-line starter,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Escobar leaves Nats game with hand injury
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers