Dec 1, 2011, 8:45 PM EST
But Mock's results never matched his arsenal and left him toiling away in the minors this season. And now, he's no longer a member of the organization.
Mock has signed a minor-league contract with the Blue Jays, offering a new opportunity to resurrect his career.
The 28-year-old was first acquired by the Nationals, along with lefty Matt Chico, in the 2006 trade that sent Livan Hernandez to the Diamondbacks. The Nats touted him as a potential front-line starter,Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)