Dec 1, 2011, 8:45 PM EST
But Mock's results never matched his arsenal and left him toiling away in the minors this season. And now, he's no longer a member of the organization.
Mock has signed a minor-league contract with the Blue Jays, offering a new opportunity to resurrect his career.
The 28-year-old was first acquired by the Nationals, along with lefty Matt Chico, in the 2006 trade that sent Livan Hernandez to the Diamondbacks. The Nats touted him as a potential front-line starter,Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers