Dec 2, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
Associated Press file photo
Stan Kasten, Nationals president from 2006-10, is bidding on the Dodgers.
When he announced in Sept. 2010 he was leaving his post as Nationals president, Stan Kasten made it clear he wasn't about to enter the retirement phase of his life.
"I don't feel like retiring," he said on Sept. 23, 2010. "I'm going to do something. I think it will be a while before I do."
Turns out "a while" was a little more than one year, because today, Kasten's name surfaced as a potential bidder for the soon-to-be-sold Los Angeles Dodgers. As part of an ownership group headlined by … wait for it … Magic Johnson.
Magic? Really? See, I would've pegged Stan as more of a Larry Bird guy.
But seriously, folks, this has the makings of a powerhouse ownershipRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Report: NL West team still talking to Phillies about Hamels
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels