Dec 2, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
Associated Press file photo
Stan Kasten, Nationals president from 2006-10, is bidding on the Dodgers.
When he announced in Sept. 2010 he was leaving his post as Nationals president, Stan Kasten made it clear he wasn't about to enter the retirement phase of his life.
"I don't feel like retiring," he said on Sept. 23, 2010. "I'm going to do something. I think it will be a while before I do."
Turns out "a while" was a little more than one year, because today, Kasten's name surfaced as a potential bidder for the soon-to-be-sold Los Angeles Dodgers. As part of an ownership group headlined by … wait for it … Magic Johnson.
Magic? Really? See, I would've pegged Stan as more of a Larry Bird guy.
But seriously, folks, this has the makings of a powerhouse ownershipRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies