Dec 4, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Davey Johnson and Mike Rizzo hope to be busy at this week's Winter Meetings.
With every general manager, every manager, every front-office executive and every agent in the business gathered in one massive hotel for four full days, it's nearly impossible for baseball's Winter Meetings to come and go without producing major news.
No one ever knows for sure which players will sign, or which teams will be most active, at the annual meetings. But by the time the participants scatter Thursday morning following the Rule 5 draft, at least a handful of predominant storylines will have emerged.
And if history holds true, the Nationals are likely to find themselves somewhere in the middle of it all.
It was at the 2005 Winter Meetings at the same Anatole Hotel in Dallas where ex-GM Jim Bowden acquired Alfonso Soriano from the Rangers. It was at the 2007 meetings in Nashville where Bowden traded for Elijah Dukes days after getting Lastings Milledge from the Mets. It wasRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?