Dec 5, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nats aren't nearly as interested in C.J. Wilson as some have reported.
DALLAS — The Winter Meetings officially begin today, but there was already plenty of action at the Anatole Hotel last night as executives, agents and media began pulling into town. (For those who missed it, the big development was the Marlins and Jose Reyes agreeing to a six-year, $106 million deal. A press conference is scheduled for today.)
And, as I surmised yesterday before leaving D.C., the Nationals have found themselves in the thick of several hot rumors circulating around the lobby.
Unfortunately, several of these rumors aren't grounded in very much fact. This is one of the problems with the way these meetings are now covered in the Twitter Age: One prominent writer hears something juicy, posts it online and everyone else takes it as gospel, leading other writers to post similar tidbits based strictly on the original rumor making its way around the room.
So let's run through a couple of these Nats-related items making the rounds and attempt to offer some clarity for the confused…
Is Mark Buehrle or C.J. Wilson their top pitching target?
Some rumor began spreading yesterday that the Nats were hot after Wilson and that they were suddenly the frontrunners to land theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?