Dec 5, 2011, 12:07 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jim Riggleman goes from a big-league manager to a Class AA skipper.
DALLAS — Though Jim Riggleman's midseason resignation from the Nationals over a contract dispute severely damaged his reputation, the former manager does have his share of supporters around the game.
So while Riggleman's chances of managing in the big leagues again are slim, he will get an opportunity to manage again in 2012. In the minors.
The Reds have hired Riggleman as skipper of the Class AA Pensacola Blue Wahoos, a source close to the 59-year-old confirmed this evening.
The gig obviously represents a significant demotion for someone with 1,486 games of major-league managing experience, but it's still aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight