Dec 5, 2011, 12:07 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jim Riggleman goes from a big-league manager to a Class AA skipper.
DALLAS — Though Jim Riggleman's midseason resignation from the Nationals over a contract dispute severely damaged his reputation, the former manager does have his share of supporters around the game.
So while Riggleman's chances of managing in the big leagues again are slim, he will get an opportunity to manage again in 2012. In the minors.
The Reds have hired Riggleman as skipper of the Class AA Pensacola Blue Wahoos, a source close to the 59-year-old confirmed this evening.
The gig obviously represents a significant demotion for someone with 1,486 games of major-league managing experience, but it's still aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC
- Could Nats hire Francona or Scioscia as manager?
- Denard Span supports fired Nationals coach on Twitter
- Updated: Nats clean house with coaching staff, hope some return
- Matt Williams fired after 2 seasons as Nats manager
- Trying to make sense of the Nationals' season