Dec 7, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Mark Buehrle is considering the Nationals, along with four other teams.
Updated at 12:58 p.m.
DALLAS — Though the Mark Buehrle sweepstakes is moving toward a resolution — he has narrowed his search down to three clubs, according to a source familiar with the talks — the veteran left-hander may not be able to make his final decision until other top free agents have made theirs.
If general manager Mike Rizzo had his way, the Nationals would lock up the 32-year-old hurler right now.
But some of Buehrle's other pursuers are currently negotiating with other players and may not know if they're still interested in signing the pitcher until they've settled those other negotiations.
The Marlins, for example, have expressed strong interest in Buehrle. But if they win the Albert Pujols lottery, they're not going to haveRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK