Dec 7, 2011, 1:14 AM EDT
DALLAS — When approaching other clubs about the possibility of acquiring a center fielder or starting pitcher, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo usually learns the asking price includes young, big-league talent.
To this point, Rizzo has been unwilling to meet those demands. And he appears to be staying true to that belief at this week's Winter Meetings.
Despite interest from several teams in players off the Nationals' roster, Rizzo isn't interested in parting ways with those key pieces who have already established themselves in the major leagues.
"We like the interest level of our organization," he said. "With that said, we try and stay away from our good, young, core group of guysRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better