Dec 8, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Mike Rizzo and Davey Johnson were busy but didn't add any players this week.
DALLAS — It would be easy to look at the contingent of Nationals officials who departed the Anatole Hotel this afternoon without having acquired any big-league players and declare these Winter Meetings a failure for D.C.'s ballclub.
To be sure, the Nationals arrived in Dallas Sunday night wanting to make a significant addition to their roster, and believing they had a good chance of doing just that.
But it's unfair to declare this week a failure for the Nationals without knowing what the next two months still have in store for them. Though these four days at the Winter Meetings offer the best opportunity for all clubs to wheel and deal and make moves, the Hot Stove League doesn't close up shop today just because everyone bolts town.
"I think the Winter Meetings were productive, very productive," Rizzo said this morning. "We were extremely busy on a lot of differentRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey