Dec 9, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Space Coast Stadium will again house the Nationals next spring.
Here's a little ray of sunshine to brighten your mood at the end of an uneventful week for the Nationals in Dallas: The spring training schedule is out, and it's only 72 days until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla.
The Nationals announced their official reporting dates today: Pitchers and catchers are due on Feb. 19, position players arrive on Feb. 23 and the first full-squad workout is scheduled for Feb. 25 on the practice fields adjacent to Space Coast Stadium.
This will be the franchise's 10th consecutive spring in Viera, and it could be one of its last. Ownership has made no secret of its desire to relocate to a new spring facility, preferably on Florida's Gulf Coast (perhaps in Arizona, though that appears to be a last-resort threat).
Why the motivation to move? A glance at the upcoming Grapefruit League schedule reveals the answer. Because there are now only three other clubs training on Florida's east coast (the Mets, Cardinals and Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giants surge past Royals 11-4 to tie Series 2-all
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest