Dec 15, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Several clubs placed bids for Yu Darvish, but we don't know which won yet.
UPDATE AT 9:08 P.M. — It doesn't look like an announcement is coming anytime soon. Danny Knobler of CBSsports.com reports the Fighters aren't expected to make their decision until just before Tuesday's deadline. Could be a long weekend, folks.
It's now been 24 hours since the window for major-league clubs to post bids on Yu Darvish expired, and during that time we've learned … well, not a whole lot.
The Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters have yet to reveal which club won the bidding rights for Darvish, or even how many clubs submitted formal bids before yesterday's 5 p.m. EST deadline.
The Fighters officially have until Tuesday to make their decision, though reports both from the United States and Japan last night suggested an announcement would come this morning. That, of course, has yet to happen.
Here's what we do know: At least four major-league franchises submitted bids for the 25-year-old right-hander. The Yankees and Cubs are definitely involved. The Rangers and Blue Jays are likely involved. The Nationals have not revealed anything in the last day about theirRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today
- As Nats hold breath, Zimmerman passes test