Dec 15, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Several clubs placed bids for Yu Darvish, but we don't know which won yet.
UPDATE AT 9:08 P.M. — It doesn't look like an announcement is coming anytime soon. Danny Knobler of CBSsports.com reports the Fighters aren't expected to make their decision until just before Tuesday's deadline. Could be a long weekend, folks.
It's now been 24 hours since the window for major-league clubs to post bids on Yu Darvish expired, and during that time we've learned … well, not a whole lot.
The Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters have yet to reveal which club won the bidding rights for Darvish, or even how many clubs submitted formal bids before yesterday's 5 p.m. EST deadline.
The Fighters officially have until Tuesday to make their decision, though reports both from the United States and Japan last night suggested an announcement would come this morning. That, of course, has yet to happen.
Here's what we do know: At least four major-league franchises submitted bids for the 25-year-old right-hander. The Yankees and Cubs are definitely involved. The Rangers and Blue Jays are likely involved. The Nationals have not revealed anything in the last day about theirRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cingrani has little remorse for hitting Harper
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw