Dec 19, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
The Nationals formally announced their full minor-league coaching staffs for 2012 today, promoting from within for their top two affiliates while hiring an experienced manager from outside to take over at high-Class A Potomac.
As was previously revealed, Tony Beasley will move up to manage Class AAA Syracuse after spending this season at Class AA Harrisburg, while Matthew LeCroy is promoted to manage Harrisburg after holding that position at Potomac in 2011.
The new skipper at Potomac will be Brian Rupp, who spent the last eight seasons managing or coaching in the Royals' system. Brian Daubach returns to manage at low-Class A Hagerstown, and Gary Cathcart returns at short-season Class A Auburn. Tripp Keister takes over as the new manager of the rookie Gulf Coast League Nationals after six years at Wesley College.
Here are the full minor-league staffs…
CLASS AAA SYRACUSE
Manager: Tony Beasley
Pitching coach: Greg BookerRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class
- Jordan Zimmermann goes seven in Nationals win over Miami
- Nationals' bench continues strong start in win over Marlins