Dec 22, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
The Nationals’ name has come up plenty of times this winter as potential suitors for a host of available player, but until news broke late last night about a near-deal with utilityman Mark DeRosa they had yet to sign anyone to a major-league contract.
What about some of those ever-present rumors? Are the Nationals serious about acquiring either Roy Oswalt or Gio Gonzalez to be their No. 3 starter? Are they still looking for a center fielder, or was the Mike Cameron move all we can expect? And what about that Prince Fielder-to-D.C. rumor that just won’t go away?
I addressed all of those topics last night during a segment on CSN’s SportsNet Central with anchor Julie Donaldson. Click on the above video to watch. (Note: The segment aired before the DeRosa news broke, so there’s no mention of it.)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times