Dec 23, 2011, 4:27 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Ross Detwiler could get squeezed out of the rotation with Gio Gonzalez now a National.
Thursday's acquisition of Gio Gonzalez — and, more specifically, the dealing away of Brad Peacock, A.J. Cole, Derrek Norris and Tommy Milone — sparked all kinds of reaction across NatsTown.
There was excitement from those thrilled to be getting a 26-year-old All-Star who can't become a free agent for another four years. There was disgust from minor-league aficionados who can't believe the Nationals gave up as much as they did.
Even Bryce Harper felt the need to chime in, first posting on his Twitter account: "SHOCKED!!!!!" and later adding "Now all we need to do is get Prince!hah"
Now that the dust has settled and we've had a chance to analyze the situation, the ramifications of this blockbuster start to come into focus.Read more »
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance