Dec 28, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Wilson Ramos' June 21 walk-off homer against Seattle was a high point of the year.
There really are only three things that happen in the baseball world during the final week of December: 1) Front offices are closed, resulting in a decided lack of Hot Stove news, 2) Hall of Fame ballots are due, which means I better get cracking on mine and 3) Baseball writers desperate for material resort to posting year-in-review stuff.
Guess what that means? It's time to vote for your favorite moments of the year in NatsTown!
We'll break this up into three parts over the next three days. Today we'll look at the candidates for Best Moment of 2011. Tomorrow we'll run through the choices for Worst Moment of 2011. And then on Friday we'll break out the Strangest Moments of 2011.
Here are my finalists for Best Moment of 2011…
1. JUNE 21: WILSON RAMOS' WALK-OFF HOMER VS. SEATTLE
After reeling off eight straight wins to put themselves on the precipice of a .500 record, the Nationals suffered a tough loss to the Orioles on June 19 and then two nights later found themselves in a 5-1 hole toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can Nats channel emotion into something good?
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?