Jan 5, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT
Zinicola's suspension is not for performance enhancing drugs but rather for a drug of abuse.
The 26-year-old right-hander is coming off a strong season in which he posted a combined 2.01 ERA, five saves and a 44-to-13 strikeout-to-walk ratio at Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse.
A sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft out of Arizona State, Zinicola was initially touted as a fast-track prospect who could reach the majors inRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants