Jan 6, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Baby Brian is so excited to see his grandparents, he can’t hold his food down.
Today marks a milestone event in the Zuckerman household: We’re taking baby Brian (now four months old) on his first airplane trip. Five-hour, non-stop flight to Phoenix to visit his grandparents, great-grandmother and other assorted aunts, uncles and cousins. Wish us luck. We have no idea what we’re getting ourselves into.
We’ll be out west all next week, flying home on Monday, Jan. 16. So you won’t be hearing from me for the next 10 days … sort of. I’ve set up the blog to auto-post a new thread each morning so everyone can continue the conversation and discuss whatever happens to be taking place on that day.
If anything big breaks, Chase Hughes and the CSN gang will have you covered and will attempt to post news here. Also be sure to check the CSNwashington.com Nationals Talk blog for various items and updates throughout the day. And you will find one posting from me here on Monday: Revealing my Hall of Fame ballot shortly after the results are announced at 3 p.m. EST. Set your alarm clocks now.
I don’t say this enough, but a heartfelt thank you to everyone who regularly reads this site, posts comments and sends me emails. You guys are the best, and this place wouldn’t amount to anything without your participation. Talk to you in 10 days!
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"