Jan 17, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Financial terms weren’t immediately known, but Zimmermann, in his first year of arbitration eligibility as a “Super 2″ player, was expected to receive somewhere in the neighborhood of $2 million to $3 million. Gorzelanny, in his second year of arbitration eligibility, figures to receive somewhere between $2.5 million and $3 million. (UPDATE AT 1:05 P.M. — Zimmermann will make $2.3 million this year, Gorzelanny will make $2.7 million.)
Both deals were reached one day before the deadline for clubs and arbitration-eligible players to submit salary figures to Major League Baseball in advance of hearings that will be held next month.
With Zimmermann, Gorzelanny, Gio Gonzalez and Jesus Flores all signed, the Nationals have three remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible players: left fielder Michael Morse, left-hander John Lannan and right-hander Tyler Clippard.
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg gives Nats 'what the doctor ordered'
- Strasburg tames Diamondbacks in 8-1 victory
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season
- LaRoche, Desmond and Fister take on the ice bucket (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Nationals go for eighth straight win against Arizona
- State of the Nationals' bullpen: Exhausted
- Around the NL East: Are the Marlins legit contenders?
- LaRoche finally gets to savor first walk-off homer
- Nats beat Diamondbacks in third straight walk-off win