Jan 17, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Financial terms weren’t immediately known, but Zimmermann, in his first year of arbitration eligibility as a “Super 2″ player, was expected to receive somewhere in the neighborhood of $2 million to $3 million. Gorzelanny, in his second year of arbitration eligibility, figures to receive somewhere between $2.5 million and $3 million. (UPDATE AT 1:05 P.M. — Zimmermann will make $2.3 million this year, Gorzelanny will make $2.7 million.)
Both deals were reached one day before the deadline for clubs and arbitration-eligible players to submit salary figures to Major League Baseball in advance of hearings that will be held next month.
With Zimmermann, Gorzelanny, Gio Gonzalez and Jesus Flores all signed, the Nationals have three remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible players: left fielder Michael Morse, left-hander John Lannan and right-hander Tyler Clippard.
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to start new winning streak today
- The Baseball Show: LaRoche and Cabrera are August standouts
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill