Jan 18, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nats haven't played on Sunday night since the 2008 opener at Nationals Park.
It looks like the programming folks at ESPN are taking notice of the Nationals at long last. The network announced this morning the Nats will make at least two appearances on Sunday Night Baseball this season, their first in four years.
ESPN will nationally televise the May 6 home game against the Phillies, as well as the May 27 game at the Braves. First pitch for both games will be after 8 p.m. EDT, so prepare for some late nights at the ballpark.
The Nationals could make even more appearances on Sunday Night Baseball later in the season. ESPN and MLB don't announce those schedule changes until three weeks in advance of each game.
These two already-scheduled Sunday night games are nearly as many as the Nationals have played over the past seven seasons. They'veRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gonzalez makes case for postseason start
- Bryce, Gio continue late-season surge in 6-2 win
- NL Playoff Outlook: What stars will give the Nationals trouble?
- LaRoche gets extra day off to rest ailing back
- MLB Power Rankings: Tigers righting the ship
- Michael Jenkins takes walkoff pie to the face (VIDEO)
- Nats move on to Miami with Gio starting in hometown
- PHOTO: Kevin Durant rocks a Nats jersey
- UPDATE: Nats DFA Perez, claim Twins shortstop
- If healthy, Zimmerman should be in Nats lineup