Jan 19, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg threw his first bullpen session of 2012 yesterday.
There have been all sorts of recurring storylines and oft-mentioned Nationals players this offseason. We've talked plenty about Bryce Harper and Gio Gonzalez and Ryan Zimmerman and Wilson Ramos. We've talked a fair share about Jayson Werth and Michael Morse and Adam LaRoche and Ian Desmond and John Lannan. And, yes, we've talked about Prince Fielder (probably more than your humble beat writer would have liked).
You know who we've barely talked about all winter? Stephen Strasburg.
Seriously, how often has his name come up since his dominant start in Miami on the season's final day? Not nearly as much as you'd guess for one of the sport's most-notable young stars.
But that's actually a good thing. Maybe even a great thing. Because the last player you or the Nationals want to hear about this offseason is Strasburg. In this case, a quiet winter is the best thing that couldRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014
- Significant moment No. 4: Ryan Zimmerman tears his hamstring
- Significant moment No. 5: The kids step up
- Nationals sign Uggla to minor-league deal
- Significant moment No. 6: Nats win 10 in a row
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal
- Ex-Nats pitcher Haren really doesn't want to pitch for the Marlins