Jan 24, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Gio Gonzalez was acquired from the Athletics on Dec. 23.
Breaking news: The Nationals will hold a press conference at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow to introduce … Gio Gonzalez.
Yeah, the same Gio Gonzalez who was acquired in a trade with the Athletics more than one month ago. (So by that logic, if the Nationals were to sign Prince Fielder this week, expect his introductory press conference to be held sometime in June.)
Actually, there were some extenuating circumstances that prevented Gonzalez from holding this press conference until now. His trade came two days before Christmas, and the Nationals front office was closed during the holidays. Then his contract status remained up in the air, until the club inked him to a five-year, $42 million extension on Jan. 15.
So we'll finally get a chance to meet the young left-hander and ask him and general manager Mike Rizzo about the state of the Nationals rotati… ah, who are we kidding? The percentage of Gio-relatedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising