Jan 24, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Gio Gonzalez was acquired from the Athletics on Dec. 23.
Breaking news: The Nationals will hold a press conference at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow to introduce … Gio Gonzalez.
Yeah, the same Gio Gonzalez who was acquired in a trade with the Athletics more than one month ago. (So by that logic, if the Nationals were to sign Prince Fielder this week, expect his introductory press conference to be held sometime in June.)
Actually, there were some extenuating circumstances that prevented Gonzalez from holding this press conference until now. His trade came two days before Christmas, and the Nationals front office was closed during the holidays. Then his contract status remained up in the air, until the club inked him to a five-year, $42 million extension on Jan. 15.
So we'll finally get a chance to meet the young left-hander and ask him and general manager Mike Rizzo about the state of the Nationals rotati… ah, who are we kidding? The percentage of Gio-relatedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense