Jan 31, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Wilson Ramos went 9-for-20 in the Venezuelan Winter League championship series.
Wilson Ramos wanted desperately to get back to playing baseball in Venezuela earlier this offseason, even though the haunting memories of his November abduction were still fresh in his mind.
Nearly three months later, it doesn't appear Ramos' on-field performance has suffered at all.
The Nationals catcher just completed a strong run through the Venezuelan Winter League playoffs and on Sunday helped lead Aragua to the league championship and a berth in the prestigious Caribbean Series.
Ramos' third-inning sacrifice fly brought home one of Aragua's three runs; he then guided his club's pitching staff through nine strong innings to produce a 3-1 victory over La Guaira in Game 6 of theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?