Feb 1, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Two years may not seem like much amid the grandiose scope of the universe, but on the internet it's the equivalent of an ice age.
Just look at the above screenshot from Feb. 1, 2010, the day Nats Insider launched. Who could have imagined then what would transpire over the next 730 days?
That morning, in my first post on the site, I speculated what the Nationals' Opening Day lineup might look like: Nyjer Morgan, Orlando Hudson, Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn, Josh Willingham, Elijah Dukes, Ivan Rodriguez, Cristian Guzman. My projected Opening Day rotation: John Lannan, Jason Marquis, Scott Olsen, Miguel Batista and either Ross Detwiler or Craig Stammen.
(Uh, will anyone grant me a mulligan for that?)
The Nationals have certainly come a long way since then, and so has Nats Insider. What began as an independent blog seeking to offer someRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to start new winning streak today
- The Baseball Show: LaRoche and Cabrera are August standouts
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill