Feb 1, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Two years may not seem like much amid the grandiose scope of the universe, but on the internet it's the equivalent of an ice age.
Just look at the above screenshot from Feb. 1, 2010, the day Nats Insider launched. Who could have imagined then what would transpire over the next 730 days?
That morning, in my first post on the site, I speculated what the Nationals' Opening Day lineup might look like: Nyjer Morgan, Orlando Hudson, Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn, Josh Willingham, Elijah Dukes, Ivan Rodriguez, Cristian Guzman. My projected Opening Day rotation: John Lannan, Jason Marquis, Scott Olsen, Miguel Batista and either Ross Detwiler or Craig Stammen.
(Uh, will anyone grant me a mulligan for that?)
The Nationals have certainly come a long way since then, and so has Nats Insider. What began as an independent blog seeking to offer someRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend
- Nats call up Xavier Cedeno, send Blake Treinen to Syracuse
- Nationals need a bounce-back vs. Cardinals
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)